Ang called from Southern Illinois tonight to tell me that she finished off a deer that another car had hit. She was feeling really bad until she got to her hotel (She is at a conference) and heard on the Western Kentucky news that someone had hit a black bear on the same stretch of road.
Not much else going on. I am trying to figure out a way to place my “Media” info on here. On the old blog, I just posted it beside the posts…. Not so easy here. Same thing with images… Hmmmm. Its a learning curve right?
Watched Trump crown someone his new apprentice tonight… Wow… I honestly have no opinion of someone wanting that job. Certainly no envy here. Ooooh, I read a great quote from Dave Sim (creator of Cerebus) last night… I have to share it. Its about second guessing your life. I am not trying to be motivational by any means, but I found it inspirational in Dave’s sick and twisted way…
- I’m afraid that one of my core beliefs is to never traffic in the hypothetical which I suspect is one of the reasons that it was possible to finish Cerebus. If you make a choice and then live with the consequences of that choice you are always moving forward. If you make a choice and then spend all of your time trying to assess the different choices you might have made and the possible outcomes of those hypothetical choices, then you just end up spending your life treading water and getting very little done. I conducted my comic-book career the way that I conducted it and it ended up the way that it ended up. I only see what happened, not what might have happened.
- Taken from http://www.collectortimes.com/2005_07/Clubhouse.html
Actually, he said a lot of things in that interview that kinda pulled me back to his side. I had a falling out with Dave (Not that he knew!) after the end of the 300 issue run. It was melodramatic, and as a fan I really wanted more compassion for the death of a character that I have followed since I was 15!
As a fan once said to Jim Shorts about the death of Queenie (His dog)… All wounds heal with time. And with that seriousness, you can be assured that I am getting over it!
- Oingo Boingo – Only a Lad
- Oingo Boingo – Nothing to Fear
- Oingo Boingo – Alive
- Ben Folds Five – The unauthorized Biography of Meinhold Reisner (Or something like that!)